Our reflections and thriving are related
What creates the foundation for thriving in life?
When I ask this question, many people say it's their intellectual capacity, their critical or creative thinking, or perhaps finding life/work balance, good relationships, eating healthy food, etc.
While all of these are really important, I believe the foundation for thriving is in our physiology; the health and proper regulation of our nervous system.
*You can either read this short reflection (#1 of ten) OR you can watch it via a 1-minute video.
You may be wondering how you find out whether you have this foundation for thriving yourself.
Ask yourself and contemplate:
1. How easily do you recover after highly charged, challenging or conflicting situations/discussion?
2. How quickly do you recover your ease and calm?
3. How soon do you stop your racing mind?
4. How quickly do you get your digestion, good eating habits, and/or your sleep on track?
5. Or, do you regularly need to reach for a few drinks or food to release stress or tension?
Stay with these questions and reflect.
With love, Edita